These are things for which I just can’t find any practical application, whatsoever. Feel free to add to the list.
- Baby corn
- The Situation
- The crossword puzzle in People
- Circus Peanuts
- Permanent eyeliner
- Sweatpants advertising “Juicy” on the rear
- Glenn Beck
- Annual debate over the College Bowl System
- Flavored water
Flavored coffee (what’s wrong with coffee-flavored coffee)
I’m with you except for the baby corn. Who doesn’t love baby corn?
I don’t love it. Even as a short person, it’s still a freak of nature.
The stir-fry and general Chinese-food industry relies on baby corn. However, I must submit chocolate Cheerios and chocolate Frosted Flakes to the list. Fer crissakes, people, we already have Cocoa Pebbles, Cocoa Krispies, Cocoa Puffs, Reese’s Cereal, Cocoa Puff Brownie Bites cereal, etc.
Word, Deacon Blue.
The People crossword puzzle exists for people who aren’t smart enough to do a real crossword puzzle, silly. Even dumb people like to feel successful once in a while 🙂
But I would add braille instructions on the drive thru ATM to the list. When i worked for the bank, 2 of us spent half a day driving around putting the braille stickers on the drive thru ATMs around Chicago.
I offer two time-related concepts that I see no need for:
1) Daylight Savings Time. We don’t need that extra hour of daylight to bring in the harvest.
2) Time zones that are a half-hour off. It’s noon in Los Angeles, but 3:30pm in Caracas? That’s just a country showing off that it can manipulate time.